Rautenberg Moritz & Co. advises Riverside on the sale of Danish microphone manufacturer DPA Microphones.
The team around Arndt Rautenberg advised the renowned private equity firm The Riverside Company on the sale of DPA Microphones, a Danish manufacturer of high-end microphones, to the Italian RCF Group. Signing took place on December 11, 2018.
The Riverside Company is a global private equity firm focused on acquiring and investing in growing businesses valued at up to USD 400 million. Since its founding in 1988, Riverside has invested in more than 560 transactions. The firm’s international portfolio includes more than 80 companies.
DPA Microphones is a leading manufacturer of microphones for professional use. Since the 1950s, when its predecessor Brüel & Kjaer developed the first precisely accurate measurement microphones, the company has focused on uncompromising sound quality and technological innovation. To this day each microphone is hand-assembled in up to 200 steps at the company’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Denmark. DPA microphones are used in radio and film, at concerts and live performances, but also at conferences and in churches. 185 employees in Denmark and in four subsidiaries as well as 50 distributors and over 2,000 dealers worldwide drive the company’s turnover and growth.
The Rautenberg Moritz & Co. team advised and supported DPA Microphones and the seller Riverside throughout the process, in particular by building a comprehensive market model, sharpening the strategy and business plan and preparing a vendor due diligence ("strategy report").
- December 2018
The Riverside Company
- Leading global private equity firm focused on investing in growing businesses valued at up to USD 400m
- Since its founding in 1988, 560 transactions completed
- More than 80 companies in current portfolio and over USD 8bn assets under management
- Headquarter in New York and 15 offices across four continents
- Development, production and marketing of high-end microphones
- Founded 1992 in Allerød, Denmark
- 185 employees
- Exit Readiness Program and in particular the building of an extensive market model
- Vendor Due Diligence („Strategy Report”)
- Arndt Rautenberg, Managing Partner
- Boris Herzog, Director
- Lars Klinger, Associate
- Julian Flosbach, Associate