Rautenberg & Company advises ProSiebenSat.1 on merger of Aeria Games and gamigo.
The team around Arndt Rautenberg supported the shareholders of Aeria Games GmbH, the media group ProSiebenSat1, as well as the company itself, in preparing the contribution and subsequent merger. Signing took place on May 27, 2016.
With the merger, gamigo and Aeria Games are jointly taking the next step towards creating a leading platform for the consolidation of the European games market. The merger is a logical move for both firms, having successfully acquired, integrated, and consolidated several games companies and assets in recent years.
As part of the transaction, ProSiebenSat.1 group is merging its 100% holding in Aeria Games Europe into gamigo AG and will become a minority shareholder in the merged publisher with a 33 percent stake. Combining the two complementary online and mobile games portfolios will make it possible to tap substantial synergy potential. The joint company has a wide reach with over 100 million gamers, marketing its games in over 40 countries, with a focus on Europe and North America. The new publisher has offices in Berlin, Hamburg, Münster, Seoul, Chicago, and San Francisco. The company boasts numerous strong and popular games titles in the online segment (including Echo of Soul, Fiesta Online, Aura Kingdom, and Desert Operations) as well as the fast-growing mobile segment (including Goal 1 and Dawn of Gods) and already has various new games in the pipeline (including Diddl and Bless) for the coming years.
The two publishers also complement each other on the B2B side with portals such as browsergames.de and deutschland-spielt.de. The focus of these activities will remain on offering multichannel advertising and platform services.
The Rautenberg team advised the company throughout the entire process and particularly supported the development of the company’s joint business plan.
- May 2016
ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE
- One of the largest independent media corporations in Europe, headquartered in Unterföhring near Munich (GER)
- Total revenues of EUR 3.26 billion (2015)
- DAX30 listing since March 2016
Aeria Games GmbH
- Leading publisher of multiplayer online games in the free-to-play market
- More than 70 million registered users and revenues of approx. EUR 48 million (2015)
- One of the leading gaming businesses in Europe and North America
- More than 65 million registered users and revenues of approx. EUR 22 million (2015)
- Support with the preparation and execution of the merger, e.g. through the development of the company’s business plan as well as the joint business plan
- Arndt Rautenberg, Managing Partner
- Daniel Koob, Director
- Eike Büllingen, Senior Associate